Over the years, we’ve learned a few things about traveling, although we still can end up trying to get on the wrong plane (ahem…featured post image…not naming any names…)! While we gear up for travel season, we thought you’d enjoy a few things we’ve learned about moving from place to place, along the way.
- Take a picture of your passport, other ID and insurance cards, and keep on your phone in the event of a lost or stolen document.
- Buy your favorite snacks from the grocery store and pack them in; airport snacks are getting better, but are $$$!
- Jackets and hats (and neck pillows!) don’t count as luggage. Wear them onto the plane and save space in your suitcase.
- Spring for the preferred seats towards the front of you have a short layover so you can get off the plane faster and not risk missing your next flight!
- Look at all nearby airports when booking your flight. If you are willing to travel to them you can save some costs. Sometimes, you could save by arriving at a different airport than you departed from, using a one way rental car or Uber to get you to and from the airport.
- Challenge yourself to only carry on your luggage, especially when traveling to warm countries for two weeks or less (no bulky coats!). Invest in a travel pack (about 40 liters is a good size) that will fit as a carry on. Minimize what you take, and roll your clothing!
- It’s important to stay hydrated while traveling. Bring a refillable water bottle but empty it before security. Many airports have water bottle refill stations in the terminals.
- Some airports have “fast passes” that allow you to skip the customs lines upon entry to or departure from a country (looking at you Club MoBay!). Plus, better food and adult beverages than you can get in the terminal!
How about you? Comment below to share your favorite travel hacks!
Leave a Reply